QBI invoice has workorder items out of order

When creating invoices in quickbooks 2006 with QBIv3, If the workorder has multiple time entries and work descriptions, QBIv3 invoices all the individual time entries on seperate lines first, and then lists the associated labor descriptions as seperate line items after; instead of invoicing labor 1 time, and then entering on the next line labor 1 description, then labor 2 time on the next line, and labor 2 description on the next, etc.

Is there a fix for this?

Hi

That is not a bug in the program. That is the way the import into the invoice is designed.

Billable Parts are listed first, than Service, than Travel, than Expenses, than Loans and than Outside Service charges

If included to display descriptive text, the text is identified after the billable items.

This way, all billable items are listed if possible on the first page of an invoice, especially if the invoice spans multiple pages because descriptive text is included.

• Joyce

I would like to be able to show the text on top. I always have to cut and paste it for each invoice. Is there a way to control the order of items or to have the items appear in order as they are entered?

Hi Eddie

The order of billable items and textis pre-set internally by the QBI programand is not customizable.

When QBIwas initially being developed, a specific internal setting had to be made for the order that billable items and text display in, as well as to allow for user’s enhanced customizable control of descriptive text.

QBIinternally sets that all text to follow after billable items as identified in my previous post to this topic.

The order is not customizable.

We always welcome suggestions from AyaNova users; and are always looking to apply suggestions and requests to future versions. Just as with QBI v3.1 we provided the ability to add enhanced desciptive text to invoices, the ability to invoice multiple workorders in one invoice, and many more enhancements requested by QBI 1.2 users, we will look into enhancing QBI v3 features in future releases.

But setting the sort order for billable items and text is not a feature in QBI v3.1 at this time. At present all billable items display first and than descriptive text. This also means that billable items will display on the first page of a QuickBooks invoice if the descriptive text spans multiple invoice pages.

• Joyce

Hello, I just want to revisit this topicof the invoice order of Billables with QBI. We are constantly getting complaints about this from our clients. They find it confusing to find multiple billable line items, and then have to sort through the text below to match up the detail. I know it may appear to be trivial, But recently, the crazy thing is we actually lost a client over it. Is there any way to address this in V5 ?

Eli

dataserv (4/30/2009)Hello, I just want to revisit this topicof the invoice order of Billables with QBI. We are constantly getting complaints about this from our clients. They find it confusing to find multiple billable line items, and then have to sort through the text below to match up the detail. I know it may appear to be trivial, But recently, the crazy thing is we actually lost a client over it. Is there any way to address this in V5 ?

Eli

Hello Eli, I think there is some major confusion over the invoicing process, hopefully I can clear it up.

Specifically it appears that some are attempting to print entire detailed work orders on the QuickBooks invoice.

The QuickBooks invoice is very reluctant to accept big chunks of text on an invoice, it’s simply not designed for it at all by Intuit, nor would you want to store all that extra text in your QuickBooks database (every item that appears on an invoice needs to be stored in QuickBooks).

We have to use a workaround just to get any text on there at all and it’s very limited.

The business process for invoicing via QuickBooks depends on the business and whether they need to include detailed service data or not. We have about 50/50 split where half of our users don’t need any information on the invoice other than the charges and the other half need a whole lot of detailed information that appears on the AyaNova workorder.

For those that need that detailed information there is simply no substitute for including the printed AyaNova workorder report with the invoice, i.e. print a copy of the workorder from AyaNova and physically attach it to the invoice (i.e. staple it to the invoice) so that there is no confusion about charges and of course AyaNova allows completely unhindered ability to put whatever you want on the AyaNova work order report.

It looks far more professional, it’s in any order and appearance you wish and it doesn’t store a lot of extra data in your QuickBooks database (i.e. all that text). Simply edit the QBI invoicing template to include the workorder number so you have a match between the two documents.

The only reason we have any template ability with QBI is for the in between cases where typically people have simple workorders with one workorder item and one labor item and a separate printed workorder report would be a waste of paper.

It’s never been intended to be a complete substitute for a workorder report in AyaNova. Typically our users will have their techs or service manager print the detailed completed workorder reports, put them in a file for the accounting person who will use QBI to generate the invoices and staple them and mail them.

To be very clear the limitation in QBI is not our limitation, it’s QuickBooks limitation however it is not a limitation at all when the AyaNova reporting system is used as it should be.