RPC server is unavailable

When pushing invoices to Peachtree Quantum 2010 we often getting RPC server unavailable…

Invoicing completed with some errors:

Invoice: Invoicing failed due to the following error:

The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)

Hi Chris, we haven’t come across such an error ourselves nor with any other PTI user to be able to point you towards a specific solution.

I’ve done a search online for the error message, and have come up with numereous links pointing towards possible causes commonly having to do with name resolution or network connectivity(which itself could be anything from a problem with the server itself to firewall issue to services on the computer(s) not loadedto viruses to etc).

It is also interesting that you write “we often get…” which seems to imply that sometimes you get the error invoicing and other times you do not - correct? Which tends to lead towards something intermittent.

Intermittent errors are hard to troubleshoot, but try to narrow down the circumstances exactly when it occurs - i.e. when runing PTI on a specific computer, when there is so much of a load on the server, when someone else is doing a certain something also, certain days or time of the day, etc - as that may help you troubleshoot. Also what do you do between the time the error occurs and then doesn’t occur - i.e. has your computer been rebooted,has the server been rebootedwhere the Peachtree database resides, has a program been shut down, etc.

Do post back what you find.

• Joyce