Set contract price and monthly set price invoice

Greetings,

I need to keep track of time at my lawn mowing accounts to see if we are within budget.

1. We send out a monthly invoice that has a set price for each customer. Can your program handle this?

2. I need to send out weekly work orders for clients but not bill them and keep track of the time we were there. Can your program do this?

3. I need to send out one invoice itemized with each lawn mowing job. Is this possible? I have a client that has 13 properties that wants to see 13 jobs with their monthly set price on it.

Thank you!

JohnnyGreen (7/3/2008)Greetings,
I need to keep track of time at my lawn mowing accounts to see if we are within budget.

1. We send out a monthly invoice that has a set price for each customer. Can your program handle this?
  2. I need to send out weekly work orders for clients but not bill them and keep track of the time we were there. Can your program do this?
  3. I need to send out one invoice itemized with each lawn mowing job. Is this possible? I have a client that has 13 properties that wants to see 13 jobs with their monthly set price on it.

Thank you!

Hi

We send out a monthly invoice that has a set price for each customer. Can your program handle this?

Let’s get details - you say you want to send out a monthly invoice that has a set price for each customer - what is this invoice from what is this invoice about? Is it from work that you have performed the previous month, or is it work that you will be performing the following month or ?

Maybe what you mean is you want to be able to Quote? - a quote is usually used where you identify for the client the work you will be doing and what its charges will be, send it to the client for approval/reminder, and than generate a workorder for that quote.

If so, yes, check out the AyaNova 4 Help file section (the version of AyaNova available at the time of this posting)on Quotes starting with (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) Also note that as with every other entry screen in AyaNova (workorder, PM, client, etc) AyaNOva comes with many sample report templates that you can use as is, further customize as needed as well as create your own.

I need to send out weekly work orders for clients but not bill them and keep track of the time we were there. Can your program do this?

Do you mean that you perform service during the course of a month for a client, but you only bill them for that service at the end of the month?I am not sure whatinformation you want to provide to the client every week that would be different from what you send them at the end of the month?

Do note that AyaNova is not an accounting program itself - it does not track Accounts Receiveable, Accounts Payable etc.

Some AyaNova users do not use any sort of accounting program, they only use customized workorder reports to send to their clients as invoices - for example, open a sample workorder in the trial AyaNova, and select Print and select the Sample Detailed Service Workorder with Grand Total. This prints out a report that you can provide to the customer that identifies the service provided and charges.

I need to send out one invoice itemized with each lawn mowing job. Is this possible? I have a client that has 13 properties that wants to see 13 jobs with their monthly set price on it.

Two possibilities:

1. Make one workorder for the client each month. And every different job make as a different workorder item within the workorder.

When you are ready to invoice this entire workorder, select Print, select soemthing like theSample Detailed Service Workorder with Grand Total report template to use as an invoice statement to the client

1. For each lawn job for a client, make a new workorder. When you want to invoice the client, filter the Service Workorder grid to show only those workorders for that client, and select to print something like the Sample Total Billable Grouped By Client (if you do not have this sample report template, do check out http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic2424-103-1.aspx)

Do note that

[b]AyaNova Sales & Support (7/3/2008

Do note that AyaNova is not an accounting program itself - it does not track Accounts Receiveable, Accounts Payable etc.

Some AyaNova users do not use any sort of accounting program, they only use customized workorder reports to send to their clients as invoices - for example, open a sample workorder in the trial AyaNova, and select Print and select the Sample Detailed Service Workorder with Grand Total. This prints out a report that you can provide to the customer that identifies the service provided and charges.

I also wanted to mention that in additon to some users just using reports to invoice their customers, others might use the QBI (QuickBooks interface) or PTI (Peachtree interface) to interface between AyaNova and their accounting program to invoice from the accounting program itself.

Do let me know ifyou have additional questions or need additional clarification.Do provide additional information such as examples of what you mean, why , etc so that I better understand your situation and can provide specifics. Thank you

• Joyce

Greetings,

Sorry about the lack of information.

1. We have 20 customers. Each customer has a different price for the maintenance of their landscapes. So Mrs Smith job is 200.00 a month and Mr Jones job is 700.00 a month.

At the end of the month I need to send them a invoice. So on March 30 Mrs smith would get a invoice of 200.00 and Mr Jones would get a invoice for 700.00. Would i set up a monthly workorder for each customer?

1. My contracts Mrs Smith and Mr Jones require me to visit their site every week to mow the lawns and such. This contract is a set monthly price. (see above #1) I need to see if I am making any money on this job. Let say if my billable hour is 25.00 a hour. Durning the month of march i have been on this property 8 hours. 8 x 25 = 200.00. It looks like i was in budget. Can your program figure this out?

Hi again

1. We have 20 customers. Each customer has a different price for the maintenance of their landscapes. So Mrs Smith job is 200.00 a month and Mr Jones job is 700.00 a month.
At the end of the month I need to send them a invoice. So on March 30 Mrs smith would get a invoice of 200.00 and Mr Jones would get a invoice for 700.00. Would i set up a monthly workorder for each customer?

Asuggestion is that you actually set up PM’s (Preventive Maintenance)for each customer.

In the PM order, you can pre-enter details and charges for the customer, schedule yourself, as well as set Next Service Date, Threshold Time Span, and Generate Time Span so that you can have the PM automatically generate a workorder for you or manually generate a workorder from it.

This way you only have to create the PM once, but use it to generate a workorder each month or each weekfor the client.

If you bill at the end of the month for service performed, a suggestion is to do either of the two suggestions I had list above. I have listed them again here dir=ltr " ">

Two possibilities:

1. Make one workorder for the client each month. And every different job make as a different workorder item within the workorder.

When you are ready to invoice this entire workorder, select Print, select soemthing like theSample Detailed Service Workorder with Grand Total report template to use as an invoice statement to the client

1. For each lawn job for a client, make a new workorder. When you want to invoice the client, filter the Service Workorder grid to show only those workorders for that client, and select to print something like the Sample Total Billable Grouped By Client (if you do not have this sample report template, do check out http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic2424-103-1.aspx)

2. My contracts Mrs Smith and Mr Jones require me to visit their site every week to mow the lawns and such. This contract is a set monthly price. (see above #1) I need to see if I am making any money on this job. Let say if my billable hour is 25.00 a hour. Durning the month of march i have been on this property 8 hours. 8 x 25 = 200.00. It looks like i was in budget. Can your program figure this out?

I would suggest that in the actual workorder that you use the Labor subsection to identfiy the actual number of hours service you provided so that you can keep track of it. But perhaps use either the Parts or Misc Expense to enter in the flat set fee for the month. In the “invoice” you send to them, don’thave it show your Labor details; but in reports for yourself do.

For example, I will llist here a complete scenerio:

1. Create a labor rate specifically for Smith & Jones called Smith & Jones Rate - per it at $25.00

2. Create a PM for the client Smith & Jones, setting the Generate Time Span to 1 month (because you want this to generate every month)

3. Set the Threshold Time Span to 7 days (so that the workorder is generated one week before the first service date)

4. Set the Next Service Date to August 1 2008

5. You might also want to set the Desired Day of the week, if you always service them on a set day of the week.

6. For the first workorder item in this workorder, create a Scheduled Users record with a Start date/time of August 1 2008 8AM and stop date/time (this is so that when the workorder is generated, you can see yourself scheduled in the Schedule screen). And identify in the Workorder Item Summary perhaps the text “first week lawn service”

7. Create another workorder item in this workorder, create a Scheduled Users record with a Start date/time of Ausut 7th and stop date/time (this is so that you are autoamtically scheduled for the second week). And identify in the Workroder Item Summary perhaps the text "second week law

As an additonal example, I have attached to this post an edited Sample Detailed Service Workorder with Grand Total

Unzip, and import into your AyaNova (see AyaNova 4 Help file section (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova)

This JohnnyGreen Example Detailed Service Workorder with Grand Total report templatewith further customization, may be what you send to your customer at the end of the month. I have removed the Labor band so that it doesn’t show those Labor entries you put in. You might also want to remove additonal bands (i.e. Travel, Loan, etc) as well as the fields in the Total area at the bottom (Net Travel, Net Loan, etc) that won’t ever be a charge to your customer as well as edit your company name and logo etc.

Whereas for your own internal use, you might preview the Sample Detailed Service Workorder with Grand Total to see the charge you did to the customer and compare it with the actual Labor you incurred to yourself.

This is just one example, you can make and customize report templates in AyaNova to show any data from the workorders. Also as outlined in the forum section on [AyaNova Printing & Report Templates we can also create and customize report templates for you

• Joyce

Greetings,

Thank you for your info. This is one way of looking at this. Using your way as above would I have to create a work order for each month for each client?

Thanks! John

JohnnyGreen (7/4/2008)Greetings,
Thank you for your info. This is one way of looking at this. Using your way as above would I have to create a work order for each month for each client?
Thanks! John

Yes and no. You create a PM once for the client, and use this PM to either automatically or manually generate a workorder for the client each month after.

Another suggestion is that you make a Service Workorder Template (see (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) for an overview of this) that can be selected (or set as that client’s default etc). Do note that by its nature a template wouldn’t have any dates or times pre-entered as you may use a template at any time, so once you use the template than you go through and set Scheduled Users etc as needed.

• Joyce