Solution to Report Designer “freezing” when attempting to customize report templates

If you encounter an issue of “freezing” while attempting to edit any report templates with AyaNova (specifically adjusting size of fields, sizing of Properties panel, adjustments to Properties of fields) the suggested solution at this time is to utilize the 32bit AyaNova files.

How to obtain copy of the 32 bit AyaNova.exe executable and recommendation on how to use:

1. Shut down any running AyaNova aspects on the computer you encountered the freezing issue with
  2. Run your AyaNova version’s AyaNovaSetup.exe
  3. Agree to License Agreement → Next → if you previously installed the “default setup with database” or if you previously selected to install the “Network Administrator setup” will be pre-selected for you → Next → what additional options you previously installed will show as pre-selected
  4. Checkmark to install “Install QBI - QuickBooks windows accounting integration” → Next
  5. Will show “Uninstalling AyaNova…” - don’t panic, this is just the program files NOT your database
  6. Message will display asking if you want to “Install the QBI plugin anyway?” → select Yes
  7. Message will display asking if you want to overwrite your config.txt file → select No
  8. Click on Finish
  9. Open your Windows Explorer and move to the parent folder above your AyaNova program folder - i.e. on a 64 bit computer this by default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\
  10. Right-click on the AyaNova folder, select Copy
  11. Move to a temp location on your hard drive - i.e. C:\temp
  12. Paste this copy of the folder and its files into this location - i.e. C:\temp\AyaNova
  13. Rename the folder AyaNova32bit - i.e. C:\temp\AyaNova32bit
  14. In this folder, create a shortcut to its AyaNova.exe and copy this shortcut to your desktop
  15. Rename the shortcut 32bit AyaNova Reporting
  16. Now we are going to install the preferred 64bit AyaNova back:
  17. Run your AyaNova version’s AyaNovaSetup.exe again
  18. Agree to License Agreement → Next → if you previously installed the “default setup with database” or if you previously selected to install the “Network Administrator setup” will be pre-selected for you → Next → what additional options you previously installed will show as pre-selected
  19. UN_CHECKMARK the install “Install QBI - QuickBooks windows accounting integration” → Next
  20. Will show “Uninstalling AyaNova…” - don’t panic, this is just the program files NOT your database
  21. Message will display asking if you want to overwrite your config.txt file → select No
  22. Finish

When you need to customize report templates, run your 32bit AyaNova Reporting.
When using AyaNova for other activities, run your normal AyaNova.