Starting Over

Mycompanyhas downsized considerably, moved locations, and decided start anew. New offices, new computers / servers, new AyaNova with new database. I have backed up our old database and archived it. Now, how can I wipe our database clean and start fresh

Hi

By the menu option in Help -> License -> Erase entire AyaNova databasewhen logged into AyaNova as the AyaNova Administrator.

Be sure all other AyaNova users are exited out of AyaNova before doing this.

The AyaNova v3 Manual section “Wiping the AyaNova Database and Starting New” page 593 outlines this in detail and what is not removed when you select this menu option.

• Joyce

got an error message

internal gds software consistency check (Internal error code (175))

and it just deleted the workorders but not the clients

The error message “internal gds software consistency check” could be due to database corruption

As per "internal gds software consistency check (can't continue after bugcheck)" , restore from backup and than perform again.

If not, than perform the gfix as outlined

• Joyce

what is “gfix”?

and where do I find it?

Hi again

As per that forum topic I pointed you to, if you have configured AyaNova for network Firebird use, you can run the gfix program.

gfix is found in the C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin folder along with the gbak file used when backing up and restoring a network Firebird AyaNova database.

gfix may be able to fix your corrupted database. Do review that forum post as it provides the details.

• Joyce

I have not and have emailed the requested files to support@ayanova.com

Just an update for others that may encounter this:
-With my network Firebird configuration, I ran a backup of the AyaNova database file Jeff sent.
-I then ran a restore of the backed up database file.
-Performing the backup and then the restore fixed Jeff’s database.
-Then I logged in, ran the Erase Entire AyaNova database, which finished successfully, and than sent the database back to Jeff.

• Joyce

thank you!

yet another problem. lol

Jeff

unzipped file, copied and pasted file to ayanova … and…

AyaNova was unable to start

Depending on how early in startup the problem occurred,
a detailed log of the problem with suggestions may have
been saved to the file AyaLog.txt
located at: file:\C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova 3

Error details:
Unhandled exception:

This program requires database schema version 29
The current database schema is version 36

System.PlatformNotSupportedException

Stack Trace:
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.0()
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.AyaBizUtils.Initialize()
at AyaNova.Form1.0()

What that means is that you are running an older version of AyaNova, and because I fix your database and ran it here with the latest version of AyaNova, you too need to be running the latest version of AyaNova

The latest version of AyaNova at the time of this post is 3.6

Refer to Known Issues & Updates section of this forum for steps to update to the latest version

• Joyce