subreport?

When working on a new report, I see there is an option “subreport”, however neither the user docs or a search of this forum produces any results on what this does. Is there any description on what this does?

Hi

I am not sure exactly where in the report designer you see the option “subreport”.

We do not have any documentation on an option called “subreport”, nor has any report templates for use with AyaNova been developed with this option if it is able to be used.

The developers of the report template design control that we license to use with AyaNova to provide our AyaNova users with a no extra charge report designer do include in their report template design control some features that are only available for use with a completely different database schema and format than AyaNova. We have not neccesarily gone through every single feature and optionto disable if not being used with AyaNova , and as in some cases, may not even have seen it - such as this “subreport” feature you refer to.

But no, we do not have documentation for use of the option “subreport”

• Joyce

Hi again

I think I see what you are referring to - you mean the Subreport control option in the Tool Box tab.

That control would not be useable with AyaNova, as would be used if could reference a report outside of AyaNova, which can not.

I have made a note to development to look into seeing if the controls not useable by AyaNova can be hidden so as not to cause confusion.

[Forum Note: version 6.3 now only shows the Toolbar controls that are useable with AyaNova]

• Joyce

If it would be possible to pull reports from other areas of Ayanova, that would solve one of the main features lacking in Ayanova report designer.

Like say you could create a report in Workorders, and then be able to embed a subreport linked by a key to a report created in Units, Clients, etc.

I use this function pretty regularly in Jasper Reports… allows me to create one report with typically needed information (say, part number, serial number, manufacturer, etc) and embed that in multiple reports so I don’t have to reinvent the horse everytime.