Subtotal for each service item in detailed invoice

I have figured out how to print each service item on a separate page but havent been able to figure out how to get a subtotal on each page. I really need to find a way to do that. I still want the total at the bottom of the detailed invoice. Any ideas? Ive looked on the forum and havent come across the solution to this question.

Thanks

Erich

Hi Erich

I would assume that what would have to be done is similar to that in the Sample Detailed Service Workorder with Grand Total scripts, but have the scripts only make running totals to a subtotal for each workorder item. And than those scripts would have zero out, so that the next workorder item’s labor, parts, etc could be subtotaled and displayed, and so on. And than each workorder items subtotal amounts would need to be a separate running total to be able to get the final grand total for the entire workorder.

This could certainly be done. I would be happy to provide you with a quote to do so, but providing step by step how to would be outside of our AyaNova support.

If you would like a quote to provide this, please export a copy of your custom report template to support@ayanova.com referencing this forum topic and what you would like done. I will take a look, let you know if I need anything else at that point and than provide you with a quote.

• Joyce

ADMENDMENT: a subtotal of the subsections of each workorder item would actually have to be placed in the WorkorderItem Detail2 band for it to properly show
BUT the workorder item is displayed BEFORE you display the labor, misc expense, etc etc - so you can’t actually have it gather the subtotals because they haven’t “happened” yet.
If you place it in a GroupFooter for workorder item band, than you only get one instance of the subtotal displaying, because a GroupFooter is for all the workorder items combined.
Or if you place it in the Misc Expense detail band, than you can’t actually zero it out without zeroing it out before it even gets a running total.
Its like a catch 22.
As a result, sorry no - this is not possible to do