Terminal Services AyaNova v3.X & e-mail

I setup outlook express on a Terminal Services client for e-mailingfromAyaNova. I configured outlook express with the SMTP and Pop3 settings.

Is there another method for setting e-mail functions on Terminal Services for emailing from AyaNova in an Exchange/Outlook environment?

Hi
I’m not quite following your question. Are you perhaps instead referring to the SMTP settings that need to be set up in AyaNova’s Global Settings Notifications section so that event notifications can be emailed if that is the notification type?

Select the Administration navigation pane, and the Global Settings pane
At the bottom of the Global Settings pane is the section for setting up your SMTP to be able to use Notifcations.
All fields must be filled out.
Or if you are referring to something else, can you provide an example of what is done and where in AyaNova that you are looking to use Outlook Express and what the issue is that you are experiencing - do identify the steps to recreate, any messages you receive, what you expected, and what happened instead

• Joyce

Thanks,

I was looking to email work orders from AyaNova out to clients and wanted to verify if setting up an email client such as Outlook would be the best way to do it.

Hi
Whatever email program is set up as the default email program on the computer running the AyaNova program would be used for emailing. You can use whatever email program you want - Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, etc.

For example:

Open a workorder entry screen for a client
Select the Print menu option, and select the report template of the report you want to send to the client - for example, let’s say you want to send a copy of the Sample Detailed Service Workorder with Grand Total
This opens a Print Preview of the report
Select the menu option “Send email…” to drop down the list of report formats to send the report template attachment as - for example, select “PDF document”
This opens a screen to save the PDF document file
Browse to a location where you want this file saved to, rename file and save - for example, you might want to rename with the Clients name and workorder number
Than your default email program will open to a new message with this file already attached
Enter in the client’s email address, edit subject line, enter any message and send as normal

At this time, the reporting engine is not capable of extracting the primary email address from the client’s entry screen - so it does require that you enter this in manually into your email message. We have requested from the makers of the printing engine to include this ability in a future version - and when they do so, we will be able to include this with AyaNova.

[NOTE: AyaNova 4 now does have this ability - the ability to “suck” out the client’s email address and pre-enter it for you when emailing a single service workorder report. See also topic [b][i]http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic3747-103-1.aspx[/i][/b]]

Also, we are in development of the optional add-on WBI (web browser interface) that will allow remote users to log in using just a web browser to view their schedule, edit workorders etc - as well as that will allow clients to log in and request service, view the status of their requests, and view their workorders and obtain reports for their workorders. We do not have a release date for this optional add-on at this time. We have a lot of features and abiliites we want to provide with this, so development does take some time. We will be posting on this forum, as well as contacting AyaNova users directly when this optional add-on becomes avaiable

[NOTE: The optional add-on WBI was released for AyaNova 3 in November 2006 - refer to the Download web page [b][i]http://www.ayanova.com/download.htm[/i][/b] for the latest version of WBI]

[NOTE: A new optional add-on MBI (mobile browser interface) has been released ]

• Joyce