*Time calculations Is now a feature in AyaNova 4*

Will AyaNova v3 have time calculations as a feature? It would be very nice if it automatically calculated the duration from the start and stop times, rather than relying on the service personnel to calculate it. Another nice feature for the start and/or stop time is a “now” button to prefill the current date and time, unless that will be the default date and time prefilled.

Thanks.

Greg

Time calculation is on the list , but may not be in the intial release.

For “now” date and times, utilize the Current Date & Time menu option in the Service workorder to auto enter the present time and date into a Date & Time field.

Click in that Date & Time field (so it is selected), then clickon the Current Date & Time menu option from the toolbar at the top.

This can be used in the Date & Time for Scheduled Users, Labor, Travel - where ever a Date & Time field in a service workorder, also if entering text and need to enter a date and/or time as text.

Also refer to the “Service Workorders” sectionwhere it identifies the service workorder entry screen menu options with information and suggestions for usein the Beta documentation available for download

Add our wish for this function too!

We would prefer this function to work similar to the Timer that is found in the Quick Work-Orders in AyaNova CE. It would be a really nice feature if the timer could be paused and restarted from where it was paused, or if it could perform more than one set of time stamps for a given task. It’s not uncommon in our shop for a technician to get interrupted while on a call and if he or she stops the timer that’s it; back to manual time.

And… since we have a number of these fancy computers around here it would be wonderful if they could calculate the time spent on a job automatically for us.

Add our wish for this function too!

We would prefer this function to work similar to the Timer that is found in the Quick Work-Orders in AyaNova CE. It would be a really nice feature if the timer could be paused and restarted from where it was paused, or if it could perform more than one set of time stamps for a given task. It’s not uncommon in our shop for a technician to get interrupted while on a call and if he or she stops the timer that’s it; back to manual time.

And… since we have a number of these fancy computers around here it would be wonderful if they could calculate the time spent on a job automatically for us.

Hi Joyce,

Definitely a feature we would use extensively. As the previous gentleman indicated, it is very much a part of our work routine to be working on a machine or project and have to preempt that work and jump on a new task, and go back to the original job later.The ability to pause a timer on a particular job would help us not only keep better track of the work done on any given project but also allow us to be sure we are billing the client in a fair manner. Thanks for taking this into consideration.

Hi Mike

On this wave lenght, I’d say more oftwo different types of timers- one where there is a definite start and stop date and time, and another that is more generic and allows for starts and stops so doens’t state actual date and actualtime, but only actual total minutes:

1. A “one off” timer that includes date and actual start time - and date and actual stop time that is like the existing feature. For example: select within the Start Date & Time field in a Labor record, select the present date and time from the top of the service workorder. And than when finished the task, select within the Stop Date & Time field, select the present date and time from the top. This of course is only if its continueous

2. A timer that denotes perhaps total minutes - i.e you start it and it counts upminutes, can be stopped and restarted as needed adding to the existing minutes already counted so far. And than this total minutes can betransfered asinhours in the quantity field of a Labor record.

3. Or a timer that denotes minutes and logs the actual start and stopfor a total- i.e you start it and it counts up minutes - when you stop it, it enters the start date and time and stop date and time inthe Laborrecord itself as text, you start it again, it counts up the minutes, it is stopped, it adds this as a text entry into the Labor record and so on, so there is a historical record of the actual starts and stops.

I guess it depends on what info is needed along with the timer. If just need the total minutes, #2; but if need to document the starts and stops that make up the total, than #3.

Which would be more likely to be a useful feature - a timer to track total minutes over starts and stops; or one that documents start and stop, and the total minutes as text in a field?

• Joyce

Joyce,

I prefer the idea of #2. This method appears to work similar to the way the timer functions in the Quick Work Orders in CE without the drawback that CE has; once the timer is restarted the previous time entered is overwritten.

Having a timer feature in AyaNova 3 along with the ability of the timer to track the cumulative time spent on a labor item would be a great benefit to us.

Thanks,

Bob

Is everyone in agreement then with Bob’s requested method for this potential featureto work?

John,

I can see how Bob’s request would be very useful. When I have bench techs someday, I would like them to be able to have a function like this. (I had a timer like this in an old service order system years ago and it helped tremendously. BUT, I would like it to be an option. Selectable in the USER settings screen, not global settings. That way, if some one has only bench techs, they can use a timer. Or only field techs, they can set the start and stop times. (And if they were a bench tech, I would NOT want them to be able to manually enter the time and alter their billing!) So in the user setup, select the type of time entry per user. That’s my vote. I have updated my post on another thread with my wishes for time entry. http://forum.ayanova.com/Topic2144-65-1.aspx

Thanks!

Just an update - the next version AyaNova 4 travel, labor and scheduled user Quantity fields are all filled in automatically on a change of start or stop time. Calculation uses 2 decimal places and rounds using bankers rounding (midpoint rounding away from zero).

For example, you enter a start date and time, enter a stop date and time, and the quantity in hours to two decimal places is entered automatically for you.

Of course, you can still edit yourself if you wish to round differently.

• Joyce