timesheets

Will there be a way to pull a time sheet from ayanova 3 for a given pay period for a given user, that will track all entered hours and maybe certain parts such as kilometers? I noticed previous versions did not allow work orders to be searched by technicians who performed the labour unless theyhad beenscheduled, will this be possible now?

itnorth (12/27/2005)Will there be a way to pull a time sheet from ayanova 3 for a given pay period for a given user, that will track all entered hours and maybe certain parts such as kilometers?

AyaNova v3 provides grids that “drill” down within a service workorder - allowing you to filter and sort by the displayed columns of data. With the data displayed on the grid, you will be able to obtain reports on the data entered into AyaNova v3, including such as obtaining a report of all labor performed by a specific schedulable user within a specific time frame.

For example, view the Labor grid in the Service navigation pane - filter by the user who performed the service, filter by the time period via the Start Date & Time, and the grid will displayall labor entered for that user in that time period. In the beta released Dec 23rd select the sample report Scheduled Users Billing Report. And you can create custom reports as needed to display and report on any of the data displaying in the grid.

(Do note that the beta comes with only a few sample report templates, we will be including many more with the full version when it is released, as well will be providing reporttemplatesfor users to download and import as per their needs)

We also have as an feature on the to do list to add(not with the initial release though) that will be a “punch clock” to track your employee’s hours and print automated payroll reports.

itnorth (12/27/2005) I noticed previousversionsdid not allow work orders to be searched by technicians who performed the labour unless theyhad beenscheduled, will this be possible now?

Yes - you will beableto display based on the user who actually performed the service, not just the user that was scheduled. You can do that now with the beta AyaNova v3 by viewing the Labor grid in the Service Navigation pane.

Would be slick to have a third party digital pad that lets employee swipe card when he starts or stops job. time on that job would go directly to labour input via digital pad to pc. after that you could spit out payroll directly to quickbooks etc. i know we spend so much time: techs filling out time cards, admin entering time on jobs into our job management software (hoping to replace this with yours ;)and then reentered into quick books for payroll.

Along the same lines, one of our biggest challenges is being able to ACCURATELY capture billable time when onsite. The CE version had a timer in the quick WO, if that could be made portable, maybe pocket PC enabled and then at the end of the day upload to the AN3 database and have applied directly to the designated WO. Asking too much?

Hi Mike, I just want to mention here as well that AyaNova v3 comes with an (as yet undocumented) developers API making it super easy to integrate just about anything. We will be publishing a full set of documentation for it with examples after the intial releases are out, but it’s available right now to use.

The AyaNova user interface that you see actually uses the same API that any developer can use with any .net language such as c# or Visual Basic.NET.We planned for a fully open developers API from the start included with the programso that 3rd party developers or users can write add-ons or extend it very easily.

The developers API uses a set of business objects to make working with AyaNova at that level very easy. You can create a new workorder in about 3 lines of code, add techs scheduled time to it in about 5 lines so what you are describing is not hard at all to do. Never any need to work directly with the database and the API provides full protection to the data as it enforces all the business rules and ensures objects are valid before they are saved. Every object you see in the AyaNova user interface has a corresponding business object in the developers API.

That is not to say we won’t do what you describe in future, we plan on working up dozens of add-ons and utilities to fit all sorts of situations which is now very easy due to the developers API, it’s all just a matter of time at this point.

Would it be possible to have a 3rd party time clock software that would allow an employee to punch in and out and link it to workorders so the time gets posted via computer system right to jobs? that would eliminate having to manually add time to jobs. i would love it if my techs could just swipe a card and be able to post their time directly to the job. i know i mentioned this above but didnt really get a response back.

Hello Jay

Thank youfor posting.

Do be assured that all posts in the Wish List will get reviewed when we finish development on the existing projects - QuickBooks integration, remote web browser access, API documentation.

We may not personally respond to all suggestions in the Wish List,however this forum will be reviewed during product development and great ideas will be short-listed for future development.