Totals at bottom of reports

I modified a detailed template that had a total at the bottom as I didnt want all the sub totals and taxes multiple times/report. But now my totals at hte bottom ae broken. Ive read the manual and can sometimes make the sub totals work inthe footers for each group. But even looking at other reports and the manual I just cannot understand how to create totals at the bottom of the reports. I just get 0’s and the same goes for the taxes.

Is there a simple tutorial on this somewhere? Ive even tried copying the scripts from another report making sure the footers are populated to add to the += fields for labour and Parts so there is data in the fields at the end but its still $0.

I must be missing a step but cant find any tutorial on doing this step other than a basic sum of a group. I can send you my report as its almost ready to use but id rather not waste your time as I need to learn to do it myself.

Help

Peter Fuzessery

Miad systems Ltd.

Hi Peter
The datafield for Custom0 that you have placed in the Detail2 for the DetailReportItem band is the custom field for the workorder item - not for the Unit. Only custom fields from the workorder itself are able to be selected to display on report template for the workorder.

If you click on the [Custom Field 0] to select it, and than select the Fields tab, you will see that this datafield is from the Workorder Item section of the workorder.

From what I see, you have further customized an existing sample report template, perhaps Sample Detailed Service Workorder with Grand Total report ? You have deleted existing fields and their scripts that all work together to get the final results.

Below I have identified various areas in the report so that you can compare between the original and yours to identify why the fields in the ReportFooter are not totally up.

Open up the original sample report template.
In the GroupFooter for the DetailReportItemLabor, select the data field where the Labor Net Total is entered.
Now select the Properties tab.
You will note that the Summary property has been set to use Group, Sum, with a format of {0:c} - this is using the report designers sum functions to total up what is in that group of labor items (i.e each workorder item can have multiple labor records, so it provides a total of labor records for that workorder item)
Now expand the Scripts property. You will note that the OnSummaryCalculated script has a script.
This script keeps a running total of this field into an object called NetLabor so that it can be inserted into the xrNetLabor field in the ReportFooter
Yor customized report has this, so there is a running total keep of labor records.
Now in the ReportFooter, select the field for the Total Labor in the original sample report template - this has been named the xrNetLabor field.
Select Properties for this field, and expand the Scripts property
Note that there is a script in the OnBeforePrint script that takes that running total that has been adding up fromthe Labor groupfooter and displays it in this xrNetLabor field.
Your customized report has this, so there is a total of all labor in the workorder.
Now in the GroupFooter for the DetailReportItemLabor, select the data field where the Labor Total for this Service Item is entered
Again select Properties tab
Note it also has been set to Group, Sum, {0:c}
Check Scripts as well you can see it also has a OnSummaryCalculated which is to keep a running total into an object called GrandToal so that it can be inserted into the xrGrandTotal field in the ReportFooter
If you check the properties for Part Total for this Service Item, you will also note that it too is keeping a running total for GrandTotal
This is because the Grand Total at the bottom of the report would be a running total of all Labor, all parts, all misc exp etc.
Your customized report does not have this - so running total of the line total for labor, or parts etc is not being kept.
This is also the same with the taxes for Labor, Parts etc - they have a script to keep a running total of the group sums so that the final running total can be displayed in the report footer.
Your customized report does not have these - so running total of Tax A and Tax B are not being kept
Now in the ReportFooter, select the data field for the Workorder Total in the original sample report template - this has been named the xrGrandTotal field.
Select Properties for this field, and expand the Scripts property
Note that there is a script in the OnBeforePrint script that takes that running total that has been adding up from all of the totals of each area and displays it in this xrGrandTotal field.
In your report you have removed the fields (which also removed their scripts to make running totals) so the xrGrandTotal field doesn’t display any $ amount neither do the taxes fields, because they hasn’t been given any amount to keep a running total of anywhere in your report.

I would recommend going back to the origianl sample report template, and re-customizing it - keeping the fields you need running totals of.

Also note that the logo image inthe sample report template is just that - a sample logo. Do refer to the AyaNova v3 Manual tutorial “TUTORIAL: Text, Layout, Font and Images” starting page 638 which includes walking through removing the existing sample logo image (looks like a globe) and inserting your own.

• Joyce

Below is a link to download a new sample report template that does not display sub-totals for each workorder item Labor or Parts, just a complete total for Labor, Parts, Tax A and Tax B and a Grand Total at the bottom.

Note this report template does not include fields to display Travel, Loans, or Misc Expenses.

Scripts have been placed in the Detail bands for DetailReportItemLabor and DetailReportItemParts to keep a running total of all labor and parts to display in the ReportFooter.

(report removed as no longer valid for latest AyaNova version)

If attempt to import the report template posted back in 2006, will get the error:

Parse Error, no assembly associated with Xml key a3:http://schemas.microsoft.com/clr/nsassem/DevExpress.XtraPrinting/DevExpress.Utils3%2C%20Version%3D3.2.5.0%2C%20Culture%3Dneutral%2C%20PublicKeyToken%3D79868b8147b5eae4 PageInfo

Have attached to this post an upgraded report template that is compatible that has been upgraded so that its existing works as is with AyaNova version 7

Updated for Version 7 Sample Detailed No Group Totals Labor & Parts Only with Grand Total