Unable to Start

Hello Joyce. Long time no here. I am trying to set up another customer with your software and am running into problems. So here it goes. I know I need to do the following:

1. Re-confirm internal IP address of computer and provide

2. Name of the computer

3. Exact path location where the AYANOVA.FDB file moved to

4. Copy of the alias.conf file

5. COnfirm Firebird Server is running via Control Panel

6. Reconfirm password by redoing the steps for the Firebird SYSDBA password - confirm what password entered

7. Copy of the AyaNova.exe.config file from the AyaNova program directory

8. Confirm you are getting this error on the computer where AyaNova v3/4 installed, the AYANOVA.FDB database is located, and the Firebird server is installed to or are you getting this error from a networked computer?

Here is where I am at:

AyaNova was unable to start

Depending on how early in startup the problem occurred,
a detailed log of the problem with suggestions may have
been saved to the file AyaLog.txt
located at: file:\C:\Program Files\Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc\AyaNova

Error details:
Unhandled Exception:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Inner exception: I/O error for file CreateFile (open) “AYANOVA”
Error while trying to open file

Aliases:

List of known database aliases

------------------------------

Examples:

dummy = c:\data\dummy.fdb

AYANOVA = C:\Data\AyaNova\AYANOVA.FDB

Config:

<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?>
<configuration>
<!-- Use a shared Firebird server, NOTE change the 192.168.1.100 below to your Firebird server’s actual IP Address -->
<ConnectionType>DataBase</ConnectionType>
<DataBaseType>FireBird</DataBaseType>
<DataBaseConnectionString>ServerType=0;DataSource=192.168.1.103;DataBase=AYANOVA;User=SYSDBA;Password=masterkey;Dialect=3;</DataBaseConnectionString>
</configuration>

AYALOG:

[Header]
2008-05-15 13:27:13,400 [5588] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - AyaNova start - brief environment:
Machine name: JONESCOVEYGROUP

AyaNova Connection:
DataBase - ServerType=1;DataBase=%AllUsersProfile%\AyaNovaData\AYANOVA.FDB;Dialect=3; (ServerType=1;DataBase=C:\ProgramData\AyaNovaData\AYANOVA.FDB;Dialect=3;)

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6000.0
CLR version: 2.0.50727.312
Primary assembly: AyaNova 4.1.5.0
Primary assembly location: [file:///C:/Program](file:///C:/Program) Files/Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc/AyaNova/AyaNova.exe

2008-05-15 13:27:15,521 [5588] INFO AyaNova.Form1 -
Key issued: 2/25/2008 9:20:51 AM
Registered to: Unregistered trial
Version: 4.1.X
Scheduleable users: 5
Option - QuickBooks accounting interface: False
Option - Peachtree accounting interface: False
Option - Mobile browser interface: True
Option - Web browser interface: True

2008-05-15 13:27:15,521 [5588] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - 1794690419
2008-05-15 13:27:29,577 [5588] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - AyaNova Administrator logged in
2008-05-15 13:27:30,185 [5588] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - Settings:
User settings
User: AyaNova Administrator
Language: English
UserType: Administrator
SubContractor: False
Region: DEFAULT
Global settings
Use Notification services: True
CJK Index: False
Use inventory: True
Use regions: True

2008-05-15 13:28:16,811 [5588] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - AyaNova Administrator closing AyaNova
2008-05-15 13:28:16,998 [5588] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - AyaNova Administrator logging out
2008-05-15 13:28:17

Hi

Usually the error “Inner exception: I/O error for file CreateFile (open) “AYANOVA” Error while trying to open file” means that something is preventing the AyaNova program from accessing the AyaNova database.

Usually this occurs because the user trys to run AyaNova program in stand-alone default mode, but there is something else already attached to the database, like another copy of the AyaNova program; or the network Generator was installed or the dataportal was installed without AyaNova being networked first.

But from your ayalog.txt that you have provided, that ayalog.txt at the last entry of 2008-05-15 14:22:00 from that AyaNova folder you sent is pointing to the AYANOVA database which is networked using the Firebird Server aliased from the path C:\Data\AyaNova\AYANOVA.FDB

So that would not be the issue.

1. Double-check that the AYANOVA.FDB file is definitely in the C:\Data\AyaNova\ folder that you have specified in the aliases.conf file in the Firebird_2_0 folder

2. Double-check that the Firebird Manager service is definitely running? (via Control Panel -> Firebird Manager 2)

3. Is the ip address 192.168.1.103 that you have in the config.txt the actual IP address of the server where the AyaNova database is located on? Double-check the Ip address matches what you have entered in the config.txt

Do post back what it was.

• Joyce

Joyce,

1. Double-check that the AYANOVA.FDB file is definitely in the C:\Data\AyaNova\ folder that you have specified in the aliases.conf file in the Firebird_2_0 folder. Yes it is.

2. Double-check that the Firebird Manager service is definitelyrunning? (via Control Panel -> Firebird Manager 2) Yes it is.

3. Is the ip address 192.168.1.103 that you have in the config.txt the actual IP address of the server where the AyaNova database is located on? Double-check the Ip address matches what you have entered in the config.txt. IP Address is 192.168.1.103

I am not sure what else to suggestion other than I would recomend redoing all your steps for configuring AyaNova 4.1.5from start again - double making sure of each step.

• Joyce

Hi again

Did you redo all your steps and is it now working? Do post back here for others that may experience this.

• Joyce

Joyce,

Just a thought. The Ayalog Reads: (In Red)

AYALOG:

[Header]
2008-05-15 13:27:13,400 [5588] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - AyaNova start - brief environment:
Machine name: JONESCOVEYGROUP

AyaNova Connection:
DataBase - ServerType=1;DataBase=%AllUsersProfile%\AyaNovaData\AYANOVA.FDB;Dialect=3; (ServerType=1;DataBase=C:\ProgramData\AyaNovaData\AYANOVA.FDB;Dialect=3

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6000.0
CLR version: 2.0.50727.312
Primary assembly: AyaNova 4.1.5.0
Primary assembly location: [file:///C:/Program](file:///C:/Program) Files/Ground Zero Tech-Works Inc/AyaNova/AyaNova.exe

2008-05-15 13:27:15,521 [5588] INFO AyaNova.Form1 -
Key issued: 2/25/2008 9:20:51 AM
Registered to: Unregistered trial
Version: 4.1.X
Scheduleable users: 5
Option - QuickBooks accounting interface: False
Option - Peachtree accounting interface: False
Option - Mobile browser interface: True
Option - Web browser interface: True

2008-05-15 13:27:15,521 [5588] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - 1794690419
2008-05-15 13:27:29,577 [5588] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - AyaNova Administrator logged in
2008-05-15 13:27:30,185 [5588] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - Settings:
User settings
User: AyaNova Administrator
UserType: Administrator
SubContractor: False
Region: DEFAULT
Global settings
Use Notification services: True
CJK Index: False
Use inventory: True
Use regions: True

2008-05-15 13:28:16,811 [5588] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - AyaNova Administrator closing AyaNova
2008-05-15 13:28:16,998 [5588] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - AyaNova Administrator logging out
2008-05-15 13:28:17,560 [5588] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - AyaNova has shut down OK
[Footer]

Should it now be AYANOVA = C:\Data\Ayanove\AYANOVA.FDB ? Instead of C:\ProgramData\AyaNovaData\AYANOVA.FDB

I have deleted and reloaded everything and it is still the same.

No - you can see by the timestamp, that is when you first load AyaNova when the config.txt is because the default setup is using AyaNova in stand-alone mode where the database file is in your %AllUsersProfile%\AyaNovaData folder:
DataBase - ServerType=1;DataBase=%AllUsersProfile%\AyaNovaData\AYANOVA.FDB;Dialect=3;

In your case, because you are on a Vista computer, %AllUsersProfile%\AyaNovaData equates to C:\ProgramData\AyaNovaData\

Than when you configure AyaNova for use with the network Firebird Server, yo uhave moved the AYANOVA.FDB file from C:\ProgramData\AyaNovaData to the C:\Data\AyaNova\ folder and you edit the config.txt to use the Firebird Server pointing to the AYANOVA database (as set in the aliases.conf file)

DataBase - ServerType=0;DataSource=192.168.1.103;DataBase=AYANOVA;User=SYSDBA;Password=masterkey;Dialect=3;

because in the aliases.conf file you have stipulated AYANOVA as the name of the database Firebird Server 2 is to refer to, and to find it in the C:\Data\AyaNova\ folder where you had moved it to as in the network configuration steps.

Try the following:

1. Shut down the Firebird Server via Control Panel -> Firebird Manager 2

2. Now move the AYANOVA.FDB database file from the C:\Data\AyaNova\ folder to a new folder path C:\MyAyaNovaData\

3. Edit your aliases.conf file so that it now has as the line (note the “4” in AYANOVA4) instead of the AYANOVA=C:\Data\AyaNova\AYANOVA.FDB

AYANOVA4 = C:\MyAyaNovaData\AYANOVA.FDB

1. Edit the config.txt file so that it refers to the database file as AYANOVA4 instead of AYANOVA (again, note the “4” at the end).

2. Now start the Firebird Server again by via Control Panel -> Firebird Manager 2

3. Now run the AyaNova program

4. Does it now start?

5. If not, attach the ayalog.txt file to your reply (do not copy and paste into your reply, attach the entire file to your post via the Edit Attachments button underneather your message reply here in the forum) so that I can see the whole file as is.

• Joyce

I tried it but still the same

Here Ya Go.

Sorry. I forgot to sent whole file

Her Ya Go

Something on this computer is stopping access to the AyaNova database file.

We have not come across this with anyone else - when ever anyone else has configured for network Firebird Server 2 access and received that error message, the issue is because they did not edit the aliases.conf file correctly.

I am not sure what else to suggest. Maybe there is something the matter with your Firebird Server 2 installation itself.

I noticed that you are still using the default password “masterkey”, which tells me that you have not performed step #4.j of (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) where you change the default password to something else.

Do that step 4.jas outlined in that Help file section. I am thinking if you also get an issue doing that step, that may also indicate an issue with Firebird itself - meaning that you should stop the Firebird Manager, uninstall Firebird completely, reboot, and than install Firebird Server 2.0 again selecting in its installation exactly as per step #4 again.

Also, do confirm - you are not doing this via remote access, correct?

• Joyce

I am not doing this via Remote Access.

I have already reinstalled Firebird Twice including Reboot.

I will try the password

Joyce,

Tried it and did not work. Even deleted everthing and started over. Attached is the new ayalog file

Hi again

Now the ayalog.txt is showing that you are receiving the error Unable to complete network request to host “192.168.1.103”.

Make sure that Firebird 2.0 Server Manager is running on this server

• Joyce

Alsostop your virus scanner and stop your firewall and than run - and see if AyaNova now comes up.

• Joyce

You are correct. Still not there.

Could it be something with Vista. I loaded on anther Vista computer and the same thing happens.

I would suggest going a completely different direction. Do note that many AyaNova users use Vista with no problem.

-Revert back to the stand-alone AyaNova config.txt file
-Make sure you can log into your AyaNova
-Now perform the AyaNova 4 Help file steps to configure AyaNova 4.1.5 for use with SQL Express 2005 as outlined in (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova)

• Joyce

I have already tried that. Will try again. It would not connect to database either.

OK Joyce.

I got it to work. The only way I could do it is by leaving the file in C:\ProgramData\AyaNovaData File. Do not know why. Currently I have two computers running on network and all working fine. My only problem now is the 30 trial that had to be loaded by the 15th is now expired?

Can you help?