Units???!!!

Hi,

Can someone explain how I go about logging multiple units on one workorder? Having looked at the system it appears that you can only log one “unit” per workorder item and so if for instance we wanted a technician to look at more than one “unit” while on site we would have to log separate workorder items/“units” for each item of equipment we wanted looked at. Is there anyway of logging more that one “unit” per workorder item that I am missing?

Next… if for instance the only way to log more than one “unit” on a workorder is to log separate workorder items and units, when I then go through to printing a work order report in which I separate out the workorder items and any parts etc etc, I haveplaced the “unit” serial number under the workorder item band and set the dataset to workorder header/workorder item it prints both units together rather than separately under each workorder item.

I have attached a Zip file which contains the printed out version of the file and also exported the existing report template so you can see the set up.

Sorry if this makes no sense, it is difficult to put into words to explain my problems…

Hi Emma

If want to select the unit to identify it for service and maintain a service history on that each unit serviced in that workorder, you can only select one unit per workorder item in the workorder.

Thank you for sending the zip file of the report template and the PDF of the report too - that allowed me to see what you mean by your second question so that I could import it into AyaNova 5 and take a look at it.

What I see is that you have two WorkorderHeaderWorkorderItem bands when you should only have one - one where the Item Summary, Requested, Notes and Item Status datafields are; and then a second band where you have the Unit Serial Number and the Unit Service Type.

First, make the first band (that has Item Summary etc in it) taller (drag the bottom down a bit so there is room to put in fields)
Use your mouse and just drag the Unit Serial Number datafield from the second band up the top first band
Same with the Unit Service Type
Use your mouse to click on the DetailReport1 - WorkorderHeaderWorkorder Item band and right click and select Delete
Now Preview, and you will see that each of your units are idenfied separately

• Joyce