User account locked out after program crash

Hi Joyce,

While attempting to filter workordersin the Service Workorders>Parts grid I received the followingerror message in theCrash popup window:

Incorrect syntax near ‘8924’

Now every time I attempt to log back in with my user accountthis samewindow and error message pops up. I attempted to ‘ignore’ but the programs still shuts down.

I have tried the ‘logging everyone off and rebooting the server’ to no avail.

No other users accounts are affected.

Here is the snippet of crash analysis text from the Ayalog.txt file that is written when the crash occurs:

2007-08-03 19:15:48,266 [1872] FATAL AyaNova.Form1 - Unhandled exception
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Incorrect syntax near ‘8924’.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at GZTW.Data.GZTWDatabase.DoExecuteReader(IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior cmdBehavior)
at GZTW.Data.GZTWDatabase.ExecuteReader(DBCommandWrapper command)
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.WorkorderServicePartList.DataPortal_Fetch(Object Criteria)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.CallMethod(Object obj, String method, Object[] params)
at CSLA.Server.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria, DataPortalContext context)
at CSLA.DataPortal.Fetch(Object Criteria)
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.WorkorderServicePartList.0(String , Int32 )
at GZTW.AyaNova.BLL.ListFactory.GetList(String key, String filter, Int32 maxr

To reset the user’s grid settings, exit out of AyaNova as the user and do the following:

-Open that user’s entry screen from the Users grid in the Administration naviagation pane
-Click on the “Clear all user’s form customizations”
-Save and exit
-Now log in as that user

I’ve tried to recreate what I believe you have done from the screenshot (Custom field on the Workorder column, selecting Operator of Contains with Operand of three workorder numbers), but I do not get such an error. So that development can see everything related to why this error occurs and code to prevent it, please provide the following sent directly to support@ayanova.com

-Make a backup of your AyaNova database file, zip it using WinZip and send to support@ayanova.com
-Include the AyaNova Administrator username and password
-Include the specific user that was experiencing this error
-Include all filters on all columns that resulting in the error occurring so that it can be re-created
-Reference this forum post URL in your email

[NOTE For Others Experiencing Similar: As this AyaNova user has been experiencing network drops and and other network related issues, and has one server running not just AyaNova and SQL Express but also SharePoint and Exchange and other programs, have suggested that AyaNova database and its SQL Express to moved to another server as the load on the existing server is causing bottlenecks in data being sent and received - until such time as the server can be upgraded]

• Joyce

That did it. Got right back in.

I’ll zip up and send the database.

Thanks!

Bob

Thank you Joyce for taking care of my issues… and on a Sunday too.

I appreciate all of you help!

Thanks,

Bob