Viewing Work Orders In AYA3

We have become used to saving and constantly using the customized views of Work Orders in AYA CE. While the same area in AYA3 has some interesting fields available for viewing, and the “Lock” and “Sort” of fields, I cannot seem to identify a method of duplicating the flexible and saveable views that were available in AYA CE.

Has this capability been removed from AYA3, or is there something I am missing?

Les

Hi Les

We have added the ability in v3.0.1 of the “direct open” feature (similar to AyaNova CE but can also directly open PM’s and quotes)

• Joyce

Hi

We’ve done some testing and trial development -and have determined thatto create multiple saveable views that can be selected by all users would require a major re-write of a large portion of the AyaNova 3 program - which would result in putting off of the other items on the AyaNova Road Map list of upcoming features.

For this reason, this feature will remain on our list “to do”, but we will not be releasing such a feature immediately. We will be concentrating on releasing the generic import/export utility and the web browser interface optional add-on first.

• Joyce

lesmar (2/17/2006)We have become used to saving and constantly using the customized views of Work Orders in AYA CE. While the same area in AYA3 has some interesting fields available for viewing, and the “Lock” and “Sort” of fields, I cannot seem to identify a method of duplicating the flexible and saveable views that were available in AYA CE.
Has this capability been removed from AYA3, or is there something I am missing?
Les

Just to add a bit more on this issue that might not be clear, it’s not a missing feature we forgot to program in the new version, we designed AyaNova 3 specifically so that it was no longer necessary tocreate and save views on a separate screen bybuilding the ability to sort and filter every single grid in the program right into the grid itself so that it can be done quickly and dynamically as you work in the program.

In other words the saving of views was designed out of the latest version on purpose because we felt the pre-creating and saving of views on a separate screenwas primitive and time consuming compared to fully dynamically changeable grids with built in sorting and filtering ability which is a much more modern way to present a grid control in an application.

There is a good workaround though in place already that might fit your needs. Since a non scheduleable user does not consume a license you can create an “alter ego” user matched to a specific task. I.E. you can createa “Dispatching” user with the views set up for the role of dispatching, an “Administrator” user with the grids set to what is useful when administrating etc and just log in as that user when doing a task in that role.

All that being said we have had a few people that have asked for the feature and we will look at it again down the road, we did look at it and did some initial development to see if it could be accomodated but everything in the ui revolves around teh way the grids are designed now so it’s a monumental task to change it and then test it to ensure the changes don’t break anything existing. As Joyce mentioned it’s been pushed back until we get the other stuff people are waiting for out the door but we will re-examine it again at that point.