WBI Login issue from LAN connection

Hello Forum,

I have a 7.2 HF 2.0 setup with WBI loaded. I have no issue accessing the WBI from outside of my LAN but when I use either a Wifi or LAN connection it fails with the folowing screen (taken from Browse Application - “browse *:80” right in IIS)… I have adjusted the user accounts and access priveledges to try and help but now I get this lovely error

================================================================

Server Error in ‘/AyaNovaWBI’ Application.

Attempt by security transparent method ‘A.J.A()’ to access security critical method ‘System.AppDomain.add_ResourceResolve(System.ResolveEventHandler)’ failed.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MethodAccessException: Attempt by security transparent method ‘A.J.A()’ to access security critical method ‘System.AppDomain.add_ResourceResolve(System.ResolveEventHandler)’ failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MethodAccessException: Attempt by security transparent method ‘A.J.A()’ to access security critical method ‘System.AppDomain.add_ResourceResolve(System.ResolveEventHandler)’ failed.]
A.J.A() +80

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for ‘<Module>’ threw an exception.]
System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +117
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +247
System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +106
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +12738733
System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture) +28
System.Web.HttpRuntime.CreateNonPublicInstance(Type type, Object[] args) +83
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +315
System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +375

[HttpException (0x80004005): The type initializer for ‘<Module>’ threw an exception.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11700896
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +141
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4869125

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

I have been fighting with this for a while and have not found a fix that will work. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I have multiple staff that are out in the field and have to turn off the wifi connects (Cellular Data connection works just fine) on their iPad to make it work. This is a HUGE pain when you are in a hurry and I know it does not have to be this way.

Hello

We have not encountered this error ourselves, nor have heard of any other service company experiencing this error message. Which tends to indicate something specific to your network or setup or use. Happy to help, and I look forward to specifics as per below so that we can troubleshoot and resolve.

I am confused by a number of statements that you wrote.

1. You wrote "I have no issue accessing the WBI from outside of my LAN " and you then also write "but when I use either a Wifi or LAN connection it fails with the folowing screen ".

Am I correct in assuming what you meant was that you CAN access WBI from INSIDE your LAN, but not when OUTSIDE of your LAN?

How exactly are you accessing from within your LAN? what is the exact URL you use, what web browser and version,
How exactly are you accessing when outside of your LAN? what is the exact URL you use, what web browser and version, etc
What happens when you recreate exactly as when accessing WBI does work - i.e. what is the result when you do the exact same steps as inside your LAN as outside on a desktop computer, Windows 7, using IE9, with URL http://222.222.222.222:6598/AyaNovaWBI (these are examples only of course) Do provide specific URL’s, specific details, so that comparing apples with apples.

As our troubleshooting will require you to provide possible private information (i.e. ip address, URL’s, passwords, etc), I would recommend that you copy and paste the text of this forum post into an email message to support@ayanova.com and we troubleshoot privately via regular email for all future.
I will certainly post here what the result and resolution is, so that it is available if anyone else ever encounters.

1. You also wrote that you had adjusted the user accounts and access priveledges but did not identify what was exactly happening before you changed, what errors were happening before you changed, specifics on exactly what was changed and how you changed.
    You also wrote “but now I get this lovely error” which I am not sure if you mean you were getting a different error before, and NOW getting this error you posted AFTER you made adjustments to user accounts and privledges.
    This can lead to additional issues, and I strongly recommend that we start from start again before doing anything.

2. You wrote “have to turn off the wifi connects (Cellular Data connection works just fine) on their iPad to make it work”
    Please confirm - WBI DOES fully work for you OUTSIDE of your LAN when you do WHAT specifically?

It would be extremely important to get the above identified so that we are all on the same page, same context and than we can go from there.

Don’t what to miss something easy to implement because not known.

We have not encountered this error ourselves, nor have heard of any other service company experiencing this error message. Which tends to indicate something specific to your network or setup or use. Happy to help, and I look forward to your email with details so that we can troubleshoot and resolve.

• Joyce

Thank you yet again for your amazingly prompt replys!! I will definetly get back to you by email with all the details.

Hi again

Did you resolve?
If so, would you post for the benefit of all what the issue was, what resolved, etc.
If not resolved, do send details as requested so we can help you troubleshoot what’s happening.

Joyce