What happened with the contacts in v4?

In Ayanova version 3, you could add multiple contacts for a client. In version 4 that is no longer an option - There is only one contact field, no drop downs to add any additional contact etc? Also - When creating a new work order for that contact, the contact name no longer automatically comes into the contact field of the work order like it did in version 3.

Were these features removed for some reason?

Hello Steve

Correct, contact entry for clients was changed in AyaNova 4 for easier entry for AyaNova users, as well as expanded ability to use this contact information in workorder reports.

With this newlayout ofclient entry screen data fields, all contact fields from the client entry screen are available in service workorder reports - not just the Business phone, but also the Fax, Mobile, Home, Pager (or whatever you localize these fields to) as well as Email.

You can still add additional contacts in AyaNova 4. You will see that there is an additional drop down field on the right (with General Notes, Schedulable User Notes, and Pop-Up Notes) in the client entry screen called Other Contacts - where if you had other contacts entered in AyaNova 3 were imported to. You can also localize this field as what ever you desire if you don’t need this for other contacts as it is alsoan available datafield in a detailed report template for workorders.

(URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova)

These and many other new features of AyaNova 4 are detailed in the (URL removed as for older version no longer supported - see the latest version of AyaNova) What’s New in AyaNova 4 section of the AyaNova 4 Help file

Do note that the Contact field data from the client entry screen does transfer automatically into the Contact field into a newly created workorder in AyaNova 4. If it is not doing this for you when you create a new workorder, it may be because you are using a workorder template for that client when you created its workorder, and the template does not have anything in the Contact field. Do confirm that.

• Joyce

The additional contacts make sense but the contact field does not. I am not using a template or anything like that. Creating a default new work order from scratch does not automatically fill in the contact from the client selected. I have created at leasat 50 new work orders since installing version 4, 5 days ago. Not a single work order had the contact filled in even thoug every client had a contact?

PGPhantom (5/11/2008)The additional contacts make sense but the contact field does not. I am not using a template or anything like that. Creating a default new work order from scratch does not automatically fill in the contact from the client selected. I have created at leasat 50 new work orders since installing version 4, 5 days ago. Not a single work order had the contact filled in even thoug every client had a contact?

Hi again

If you send the following I may be able to see what the issue is with yours, as whenever I create a new workorder for a client that does have a name in its Contact field, that text is transferred to the Contact field in the workorder:

First, make a screenshot of a specific client. Zip and attach
Now create a new workorder - make a screenshot of this client you select in the client selection window so that I can see exactly what is selected just before you click on the checkmark to make the workorder
Now make a third screenshot of the workorder’s top hear area so that I can clearly what is in all top fields.
I will recreate based on what is in your client entry screen and the steps you make.

• Joyce

Haven’t heard back from you - and wanted to post here example of the steps I mean:

1. See how in the Client’s entry screen the Contact field has the text “Bob Blowie”

1. Select the client in the client selection window when creating a new workorder - note no template is selected:

1. See how in the workorder’s Contact field the text Bob Blowie is automatically transfered from the client’s entry screen?

Do post your information, or if you determine what your issue was, do post that for other AyaNova users.

• Joyce

My spologies - It is when using templates that the issue is an issue. If the - is in the template field, it comes in but if I select a template then there is no contact. This new tempalte solves many issues with my staff keying in things wrong but the templates are global as in “Default On-Site Template”, “Default Remote Support Tempalte” etc.

Is there any way using a template that the contact an be automatically filled in?

Hello again Steve

There is not a way to have the workorder ignore the template’s entry of text in Contact field, and instead obtain the text from the Client entry screen. If you have selected a template to be used, the entries in that template arewhat is used in the workorder.

Do note that the Client’s Contact: field is selectable in a service workorder report template - so you can have it display in a report that a user takes with them or refers to.

And in the workorder itself, you can always easily click on the Client jump button which will open the client’s entry screen of the client for that workorder, so that you can quicly see all client entry fields including the Client’s Contact field as well as copy it to paste into the workorder.

• Joyce

That is really too bad becuase I think the majority will use the templates like I am and not specifically for a client. The “Contact” field should et filled in using a template based on the client selected - That will make life substantially easier in using templates because if we cannot do that, Templates lose much of their value.

Is tehre any chance that you can add this ability in a future release? i.e. Using Templates that will automatically imort the client contact if none is entered in the template?

I know this is an old thread, however I am seeing the same issue with the contact name not showing up in a Service Template that I created.

If I create a Service Template then I lose the ability to have the Contact field inserted into the Workorder when I create a new one? Is that right?

Edit: I am using version 7.2.0.0

Thanks

Hello

This is as expected.

If a new workorder is created for a client, and NO Service Workorder Template is selected, then the newly created workorder’s Contact: field will be filled in with what has been entered in the client entry screen’s Contact: field.

If instead you have selected to use a Service Workorder Template when creating a new service workorder for a client, the Contact: field in the created service workorder is filled in with whatever you had pre-entered into the Contact: field of the Service Workorder Template

Please see suggestions as per above post What-happened-with-the-contacts-in-v4

• Joyce

I have created a template and am using it. Therefore I will have to manually enter in the contact field for every Workorder? Can you give me a instance when I would not want the Contact for the Customer screen to be entered into a Workorder? Is there a way to include something in the template Contact field to tell it to include the Contact from the Customer screen?

Thanks
Rick

Hello Rick

No, there is not a way to have something in the Service Workorder Template’s Contact: field to tell it to use the text that is in the Client’s Contact: field.

If you are going to use a Service Workorder Template, than ONLY what has been pre-entered as text into THAT Service Workorder Template’s Contact: field will get copied to the created workorder.

Also see overview about Service Workorder Template at http://www.ayanova.com/AyaNova7webHelp/service_workorder_templates.htm

We see what you mean and its a great suggestion for a future version thank you, but no, AyaNova does not have that ability as of the latest release.
The suggestions for right now are as per that previous post.

• Joyce