Workorder Items disappears

We are running Ayanova 6.5.0.0 in a network setup, using mssql and the dataportal.

I’ve had issues where the Workorder Items section pretty much completely disappears. A user has had this happen 3 times, and each time I have deleted their account from Ayanova and readded them as a new user, which fixed the problem. Today, AyaNova apparently timed out on the database (Opening a workorder, the headers were database calls and not the regular named headers). I closed and then reopened AyaNova (this was all done as the administrator MANAGER) and now my Workorder Items have also disappeared.

As manager though, I was able to correct the issue as I could right click on Workorder Items and recheck all the boxes. We have these as read only for restricted users though, and they are unable to correct this issue.

Hello Sasserian

Thank you for providing information on the circumstances - we have had a couple companies contact us over the years that a user has let them know that they can’t view the Workorder Item grid columns (i.e. Workorder Item Summary, Service Notes, Priority, etc) but without any known details in relation.

*The solution is to right-click on the row header to bring up the list of available columns, and then checkmark the columns you do want so that they show.
*No need to delete the user’s account.
*If the user account affected does not have rights which enable them to right-click to bring up the list of columns to checkmark, instead of deleting the user account itself , enable the rights temporarily.

This is the first details we have received that indicate may be tied to something other than the user unchecking all of the columns - that this occurred after a SQL server timeout (which has to do with your SQL server not being able to respond, not AyaNova) with a data portal connection. Thank you for your additional details.

Development have been advised so that they can now attempt to reproduce and provide a solution. I will have this posting moved to the Known Issues section of the forum and it will be replied to once we have a solution.

Also, may be related - may not - but do note that the latest version of 6.x for AyaNova is 6.6.0.0

Do update to the latest of your 6.x version

• Joyce

Update

I just had this issue repeat, and figure I would put the last entries from the log here.

I was attempting to open a wiki attachment, and the program had an exception opening the attachment.

Apparently I hit abort (I usually ignore) and the program closed, I then reopened the program to find that the Workorder Items had again disappeared. Being logged in as manager, I simply right clicked and re-checked all of the fields for Workorder Items.

2011-12-05 16:48:21,537 [7460] FATAL AyaNova.Form1 - Unhandled exception
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file ‘C:\Documents and Settings\ksasser\Local Settings\Temp\cu422u5c.fjw\BC111027TK.xls’ because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(String path)
at AyaNova.Util.OpenAyaFileAndUpdateWhenClosed(Guid AyaFileID)
at AyaNova.Util.EditRecord(RootObjectTypes ObjectType, Guid ID, Guid OptionalIDForCreate)
at AyaNova.Util.EditRecord(RootObjectTypes ObjectType, Guid ID)
at AyaNova.WikiInfoForm.3(Object , CellEventArgs )
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGrid.OnClickCellButton(CellEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGrid.FireEvent(GridEventIds id, EventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridCell.OnButtonClick()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ButtonWithStyleUIElement.OnClick()
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
2011-12-05 16:48:24,881 [7460] WARN AyaNova.Form1 - User opted to abort after exception. Exiting now
2011-12-05 16:48:32,788 [7460] FATAL AyaNova.Form1 - Unhandled exception
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at AyaNova.MainGrid.4(Object , MouseEventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
2011-12-05 16:48:32,804 [7460] WARN AyaNova.Form1 - User opted to continue after exception
2011-12-05 16:48:34,069 [7460] INFO AyaNova.Form1 - AyaNova has shut down OK
[Footer]
[Header]

Also, I’d like to note that the other users would not be messing with wiki file attachments or really the wiki when their workorder items disappear/uncheck themselves, so it is probably more to do with the crash than the fileattachments.

I agree Sasserian, probably not related to the wiki attachment itself, but to the abort - development has been advised of your additional information, thank you.

Can you confirm the following also please:

• when you were connected, was it via a regular network connection, or via the data portal connection?
  • when this occurred, were you using 6.6.0.0 (the latest version of AyaNova 6) or were you still using an earlier version of AyaNova 6?
  • was the wiki attachment of a service workorder?
  • did you have a workorder entry screen opened when AyaNova was aborted?
  • if the service workorder entry screen was opened, can you provide details about the layout etc of your workorder items grid - which columns were showing, in what order, etc. (do not know if this is relevant to the issue, but when attempting to recreate, having all details is always a good idea).

Thank you

• Joyce

I was in Service Workorders -> Items

I had a workorder opened, and had clicked on Project for details on the project number, and then the Wiki on the Project Details. I then attempted to open an .xls attachment a few times. I then got the error message and aborted, closing the program.

Connection is via ethernet to a local in house server (same subnet) running an IIS7 Data Portal on MSSQL Express 2008 and Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. The computer that the problem happened on is XP 32bit SP3. I have not had a chance to upgrade to version 6.6.0 yet.

Hi again Sasserian

You write “Connection is via ethernet to a local in house server (same subnet) running an IIS7 Data Portal on MSSQL Express 2008 and Windows 7 Pro 64 bit” - Please confirm what is the connection FOR YOUR AyaNova - a network connection OR a data portal connection?
When you were running AyaNova when your AyaNova was aborted, what is your config.txt file connection?
And when the user was running AyaNova and had the issue that resulted in their Workorder Items grid columns becoming unchecked, was that user’s AyaNova connection a network connection OR a data portal connection?

Thank you

• Joyce

Hello Sasserian

Development has tried to reproduce, and have not been able to.

If this occurs again, the solution is to right-click on the row header to bring up the list of available columns, and then checkmark the columns you do want so that they show.

No need to delete the user’s account.

[b]If[/b] when logged in as the user, there is [b]no delete X showing[/b] that just means that the user account affected does not have rights to Delete which also would enable them to right-click to bring up the list of columns to checkmark.
So instead of deleting the user account itself, [b]just enable the rights temporarily[/b] of that user’s Security Group to Read/Write/Full for Object.WorkorderService and Object.WorkorderItem so that you can log in as that user and bring up the list of available columns, and checkmark the columns that do want to show.

stepstoenableitemcolumn