Workorder will not save if a part has not got a serial number

When I add a part to a workorder which has serial number tracking and there are none in the inventory it breaks a rule rather than create a purchase request. Is there something I am doing wrong or a workaround?

Clark (9/18/2006)When I add a part to a workorder which has serial number tracking and there are none in the inventory it breaks a rule rather than create a purchase request. Is there something I am doing wrong or a workaround?

Hi Clark

When you add a part to a workorder that is serialized, enter in a quantity of 1 -> if there is none in stock, AyaNova will return the message that there is none in stock and if you wish to place a part request.

Are you performing the selection in this order:

-select the part from drop down
-enter in a quantity of 1
-than the message appears “Insufficient stock (0.00) Do you want to request 1?”
-If you select Yes, this quantity of this part is added automatically as a part request, and a 0 quantity of the part displays in the Parts area as a reminder that you need this part, but 0 are used so far as you are waiting on a part request.

Please provide exactly what you see on the screen, and what the message states exactly.

In addition to the exact order of what occurs, do also zip up a screenshot of what you see and attach to your reply.

• Joyce

This one worked but I need to select the part before entering the quantity

Hi Clark

What one worked and how? Please do provide details.

The steps in the reply above do say to select the part first before entering the quantity.

But do note - if the part is a serialized part, you can only ever have a quantity of 1 per row.

This is because only one serial number can be selected per row - therefore only a quantity of 1 if the part is serialized.

• Joyce